Hello again my lovelies, hope you’re all well ❤ Today I’m going to show you this amazing recipe for Prosecco Cupcakes. It was one of my best friend’s 18th birthday last week, and I took a brief break from my revision – such a sacrifice… – make her a batch of these gorgeous cakes!
*Quick disclaimer – this involves some alcohol, so please respect the age restrictions in your country and don’t follow the recipe without adult supervision if you are underage*
For the Cakes
6oz. Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
6oz. Caster Sugar
6oz. Butter or Margarine
6oz. Icing Sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Then add the sugar and butter and beat together into a thick batter.
- Next put in the eggs and mix them in. Then add the 100ml of Prosecco and mix it all gently together until there are no lumps and you have a smooth cake mix.
- Pop the mix in cake cases in a cupcake tray and pop them in the oven on 180° for about 12-15 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and springy to the touch.
- While they’re baking, sieve the icing sugar into another bowl and add the butter in small cubes. Beat until you blend all the butter in and you’re free of lumps.
- Then slowly add in the 50ml. of Prosecco and mix it in. If you still need a little more liquid to reduce the thickness, then you can add a little water.
- Once the cakes are cooled, I just piped the buttercream in gentle swirls on the top and added some pieces of dried mango for decoration (and because I bloody love it!)
And bob’s your uncle 😉 You’ve got a beautiful (though I say so myself) set of cupcakes ❤ Do let me know if you try out this recipe, I’d love to see your attempts!
Thank you for reading again today 😉 Hope you enjoyed, and don’t forget to follow my blog for more posts ❤
Until next time… xxx