As I plough my way through my AS Level exams (2 down – 4 to go) I have been thinking a lot about the summer ahead. I have two full weeks off once my exams finish before I have to pop back to school to start next year’s courses for 6 weeks or so, so I want to make sure I take full advantage of them and the summer holidays later in the year. I did a bucket list for last summer here, but I thought I’d update it for my rather different goals and dreams now…
01. Learn to drive – I’m 17 now and I think the summer would be a perfect time to bite the bullet and get behind the wheel, eek!
02. Read – Bit vague, but my goal for 2015 was to read 20 books (follow me on goodreads here) and I very much intend to get a lot closer to that goal during the summer.
03. Enjoy the outside – The English scenery is damn beautiful a lot of the time, and with all my schoolwork and blogging I never enjoy it all enough.
04. Travel (a little) – As much as I’d love to be one of those people who has endless aspirations to travel the world, I find travelling quite stressful and not always completely enjoyable. However, I have two small holidays planned this summer and I intend to enjoy them as far as possible 🙂
05. Hit 600 followers – I cannot even believe I am able to consider that that may happen this summer! I have more than doubled my following since this time last year and it amazes me. My all time goal has always been to reach 1000 followers, and who knows – the way this year has gone so far that dream could come true in the not so distant future!!
06. Have a lazy day – Since hitting the exam eriod and being stuck inside revising all day I have been craving the freedom of a day spent doing absolutely nothing! Hopefully I shall be able to do that in the summer 🙂
07. PARTAY! – I have such an amazing group of friends that I love to spend time with and I’m sure that the summer shall bring many a teenage party (gotta love ’em) and lots of good times with my lovely buddies!
08. Keep up with 2x week posting schedule – I’ve done pretty well with this for the last few weeks, and I hope that it will continue to be regular posting on here 😉
09. Cook a lot – After my successful cooking post last week (check it out here if you haven’t already) I have been wanting to do much more in the kitchen. I really enjoy the process and find it super relaxing and rewarding to do. Also, in preparation for going to Uni in under a year and a half *eek* I want to make sure I have a good number of easy but delicious recipes under my belt!
10. Workout and get happy with my body – I weigh in reasonably low for my height and I am basically pretty healthy, but in preparation for chilling on French beaches in a bikini this summer I want to ensure that I feel my best and can strut along the sand feeling like a supermodel. I’ve been doing the 30 Days Abs + Squats Challenges (find the app here) for a few days now and I hope to keep that going and see a difference after the month! Let me know if you’d like to see a fitness post on my eating patterns and workout routines.
11. Last but no means least, enjoy myself – With the stress of exams this year, and the inevitable stress of A Levels, UCAS Applications and leaving home all on their way in the next two years, I haven’t had a hell of a lot of time to just chill and be myself. I know that doing a lot of the things above will help me feel super happy (especially 07!) but I really do want to make sure that I take this summer as an opportunity to enjoy being young, and to really have a bloody good time!
Thanks for reading, I hope that this has inspired some of you to go out and embrace the summer when it gets here! To all of you still doing exams, I wish you the best of luck 🙂 and I’d love to know what your plans for the summer are, so let me know in the comments!