Hello. I am back again today (what a busy blogger?!?!) and this time I have a slightly exciting post for you. I have finally sorted out a makeup brush cleaning routine that works really well for me, and I am very glad to share it with you. Enjoy…
1. Take your pot of manky brushes that have seen better days.
2. Squirt a bit of Johnsons Baby Shampoo into a bowl (I use an old craft bowl because that way I don’t have to worry about cleaning it)
3. Wet and dip your brush into the shampoo
4. Swirl the brush on the back of your hand (or in the bowl if you prefer) to work up a foamy lather.
5. Rinse, dip, swirl, repeat… Until the brush rinses clean.
6. Then when I’ve done all my brushes in this way, I lay them out on a flannel to dry. I roll the flannel up slightly at the brush-handle end to let the water run out of the brushes more easily.
I normally do this once a week (or sometimes once every one and a half weeks ) but I tend to do it in the early afternoon so that the brushes have half a day and the whole night to dry before I need them in the morning.
I hope this helped some of you. I would really recommend picking up a bottle of baby shampoo to wash your brushes with, as it is super gentle but really gets all the gunk out. This one is stocked in most Boots, but I’m sure there are many other brands that work just the same way.
Thanks for reading. How do you wash your makeup brushes? Let me know below… And happy June!
xx 🙂 xx